Saturday, November 1, 2014

Kirsten turns 5!

Is it November of 2014 already? Where did the time go? I'm sitting here writing this with coffee in my hand and deceptive sunshine streaming through the window, but I am not fooled! It's cold outside. Fall has finally hit Arkansas, and I am grateful for the changing seasons and the changing leaves. We've been a little busy with life, but I don't want it to hit 2015 before I update on the fun we've had this year. In May, Kirsten turned 5. There were five candles on her horse cake and tons of friends who helped her celebrate at her horse birthday party. 
There were horse cookies for favors, but that was literally the only thing that I prepped for the party. It was at Cedar Ridge Farms in Benton, and they provided just about everything from the horse rides, cake, and piƱata to balloons, decorations, and paper products. We were excited to find them, and they did a great job! 
 Kirsten had been talking about having a pony party all year, and she was thrilled to have her friends there to help celebrate with her. Look at that face! She was pretty excited! 
 Kirsten loved looking at and petting the horses, but Joshua was brave enough to ride!
Look at him go!
This is the beautiful horse cake that they provided. 


At home we celebrated with cupcakes decorated by the birthday girl! She is becoming such a big helper in the kitchen and loves to help me bake and decorate. Look at that tongue stuck out in concentration. The cupcakes were delicious and cute, too! 
I really can't believe that I already have a five year old in the house. Time really does fly, and it's exciting to see her grow and change. I am privileged to be her mama!

No comments:

Post a Comment