Tuesday, May 19, 2015

Our New Addition

Meet Micah Daniel Hague!



This adoption story really has been written by God. I couldn’t have planned anything on this journey, and although it has not always been the easiest of roads to walk, I am so grateful for it. God’s plan isn’t my plan, and although I would like to think I know best, He thankfully routinely humbles me into realizing that His plan is better. So much better than I could have ever asked for or imagined.

I have wanted to scream this from the rooftops since I first held this precious little one in my arms, but out of respect to his wonderful birth parents, we held off making the announcement until after their rights were terminated. In Connecticut, that takes some time. Although the adoption isn’t final yet, something that will happen here in the court in Arkansas in a few months, we are so excited to introduce you to our new son. Micah was born on March 4th, 2015 in Bridgeport, Connecticut. He weighed 7lbs 11oz and was 20½ inches long.  He also happens to rock an extra 21st chromosome.  We were contacted through the National Down Syndrome Adoption Network about him, and through the help of Catholic Charities in Connecticut and after being selected by the birth parents as his forever family, he was placed in our arms on April 8th.



We adore him. I can’t even put it into words. The way that Kirsten, Joshua, and Caleb run to him when he cries and want to love on him is more precious than I thought possible. At almost three, I wasn’t sure how Caleb would react, but from the second we brought Micah home, Caleb has pointed to him and said, “my Micah, my brother”. It’s pretty much the sweetest thing ever.  He’s our Micah.




I can’t say thank you enough to our family and our community of people here who have rallied around us, made meals, brought gifts, showered Micah with love, and most importantly, prayed for us through the entire adoption process. Thank you for sharing in this with us. We'd also like to say a huge thank you to the people who have guided us on this adoption journey, from the wonderful social workers from both adoption agencies, the sweet couple who cared for Micah for his first month of life and were nothing short of amazing during our stay in Connecticut, to the friend who offered to be our lawyer finalizing the adoption here in Arkansas. We are forever grateful for each of you.







2 comments:

  1. Lynn you are a wonderful mother who exudes patience and kindness. Little Micah could not have been blessed with a better family.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulations!! Micah couldn't have been luckier in finding a family so loving as yours. We're so happy for you and can't wait to meet the little guy!

    ReplyDelete